“We offer more than just a job; this is a place to build your career and grow with our family.”
Construction Estimator / Estimating Assistant
E.T. Gresham Company is Class A General Contractor and Construction Manager that serves public and private clients throughout Southeastern Virginia. We have an immediate opening for an experienced Construction Estimator to join our team in Norfolk, VA. Prior experience is required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for estimating and bidding process, including preconstruction services.
- Make and influence critical decisions under tight deadlines.
- Understand construction terms and language to ensure bids are compliant with requirements.
- Develop relationships with the local trades market and obtain competitive subcontractor bids.
- Collaborate with architects and owners to prepare and submit accurate cost estimates.
- Provide clear, detailed quantity take-offs. Attend pre-bid meetings as required.
- Perform value engineering.
- Ten years of estimating experience, preferably with a General Contractor.
- Communicate directly, both verbally and in writing.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with can-do attitude.
- Knowledge of the local construction trades / subcontractor market.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Degree in Engineering, Construction, or related field preferred.
E.T. Gresham offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package. Pay will be commensurate with qualifications and relevant experience in the field of construction. We are an equal opportunity employer and provide employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, military service, or other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Drug-free workplace.
How to Apply:
Download our employment application (http://etgresham.com/employment/) and follow the online instructions. Due to COVID-19, we are not currently accepting in-person inquiries.
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place