“At E.T. Gresham Company, we offer more than just a job; we provide a place to build your career and grow with our family. ”
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
E.T. Gresham Company has an immediate opening for a qualified Heavy Equipment Mechanic to join our team in Norfolk, VA. In this role, the candidate will be responsible for maintaining and repairing company vehicles, equipment, and hydraulic cranes. Work will be performed in our company shop, as well as on job sites throughout Hampton Roads as needed.
Since our beginning over one hundred years ago, E.T. Gresham Company has been known for applying innovative, practical solutions for the construction, crane & rigging, and structural steel industries in Southeastern Virginia. Many of our employees have been with the company for more than 25 years and we are in the fourth generation of Gresham family management. This opportunity is more than just a job; we offer a place to build your career and grow with our family. We invite you to visit www.etgresham.com and connect with us on social media to learn more.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Complete understanding of all aspects of heavy equipment repairs and rebuild processes.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical problems.
- Repairs to hydraulic cranes.
- Perform routine service and maintenance in the shop on heavy trucks, automotive, construction, and related diesel and gasoline-powered equipment.
- Perform related mechanic duties as required.
- Maintain and submit maintenance records of all repairs.
- Follow all company and work site safety policies and procedures.
- Any combination equivalent to high school graduation or trade school completion plus five (5) years of experience–including school or apprenticeship experience–in diagnosing, repairing, rebuilding, and replacing components in heavy trucks, automotive, construction, and related diesel and gasoline-powered equipment. Any equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered.
- Valid driver’s license with positive driving record.
- Must own or be able to obtain required tools.
- Ability to obtain Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) and Defense Biometric Identification System (DBIDS) Cards for access to military installations. Background checks will be required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Virginia State Inspection license desired, but not required.
- Occasional weekend/evening work may be required.
How to Apply:
Download our employment application and email it to email@example.com or fax to (757) 625-7705. Due to COVID-19 precautions, we are not currently accepting in-person inquiries. Please call our office for additional information (757) 627-4583.
E.T. Gresham offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Supplementary Insurance via Aflac
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401K Participation
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy:
E.T. Gresham Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. As such, we provide employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, military service, or other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Drug-free workplace.